I am a psychologist and certified Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist. I have been actively practicing for the last 10 years in a variety of clinical settings and have been working exclusively with couples for the past 5 years.
I love working with individuals and couples on their relationships.
- When you feel stuck
- When you feel lonely
- When you can't ignite the passion
I work with women, men, and couples who are committed to their marriages, but nothing seems to be working.
I have been there, relationship after relationship. I wanted a healthy long term relationship, but the connection wouldn't last and I couldn't figure out how to fix it.
My training as a psychologist didn't show me all that I needed to know in order to be successful in my relationships. So I continued on with my training, I did therapy myself, I read books, and I did coaching. Each piece brought me closure to the solution.
What I found is that a combination of techniques...
...were the elements that really made the biggest difference.
And not just for me...these worked for my partner...AND when I saw that success, I began integrating it into my therapeutic practice with my clients...and it worked for them too!
With these tools I was no longer at anyone elses whim...but my own.
I could 100% take responsibility for my own happiness and my own behavior in my relationship.
I showed up differently AND I got results...
Not just in my relationship, but my business AND my friendships!
This realization was really a life changer.
Rachel Orleck, Psy.D. Certified Emotionally Focused Couples Therapist
Finding and keeping the love of my life hasn't been a Cinderella story. I loved several times before I found him, but each one systematically fell apart.
I used to tell myself so many lies...
I told myself lies about my relationship and partner. - They aren't the right one - We aren't compatible - They aren't capable - They need to change
I told myself lies about myself. - I'm not good enough - I'm not worthy of love - I'm trying too hard or not hard enough
Ultimately, these lies meant I was more committed to keeping my relationship the same, than finding a solution.
I help men and women in relationships who want to find more connection, develop intimacy, be excellent role models for their children, feel as good on the inside as they look on the outside, and create a rock solid foundation for their future.
I help people who are tired of these lies and ready to take action for their future.
Relationships with Grit is NOT for you if:
- Your relationship is abusive
- You aren't willing to look at yourself and make changes
- You are looking for ways change your partner in order to make you happier
- You're willing to settle for lukewarm
- You're looking for a quick, overnight, cheap fix for your marriage and don't' want to put in the work
Relationships with Grit IS for those who:
- Are willing to take a hard look in the mirror and make some changes - Want to stay married and re-make their relationship into something better
- Ambivalent about staying in the marriage, but know that even if they leave, that they need to make these changes so they aren't stuck in this same pattern in their future relationships
- Resourceful and creative in order to figure out solutions rather than working to stay stuck
- Willing to make the investment in themselves, their relationship, and their family to really put in the hard work
If that is you, then spend 45 minutes with me in this online workshop and then schedule a call with me so we can see about working together.